In this very first episode of Maid At Home we show you how to create a beautiful tissue paper pomander. It will bring a bright and very elegant touch to your big day without breaking your bridal budget!
Check out our channel page and subscribe: http://www.youtube.com/user/MyWeddingScrapbook
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MyWeddingScrapbook
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MWScrapbook
You will need:
- 8 sheets of tissue paper in lilac
– 8 sheets of tissue paper in purple
– 8 sheets of tissue paper in ivory
– Craft knife
– Craft mat
– Pearl headed pins
– Candle holder
– 15cm polystyrene ball
– Floral wire
– Wire clipper
- Layer eight sheets of tissue paper together.
- Using a ruler and pencil, measure paper to 6 x 4 inches.
- Using a craft knife and ruler, cut the paper to the correct size. Always do this on a craft mat to protect your furniture.
- Fold paper horizontally about an inch wide.
- Turn paper over and fold again. Continue until you have created an accordion effect.
- Using your wire clipper or scissors cut a two inch long piece of floral wire and wrap it around the middle of your strip of tissue paper.
- Using your scissors, cut the corners off the strips to make rounded edges which will make pretty petals.
- One layer at a time, fan out the tissue paper to create the petals of the flower.
- Attach your polystyrene ball to your candle holder by piercing the ball with the spike.
- Pierce your flowers with a pearl headed pin and attach flower to the ball.
- Tie bow around the base of the candle holder.
- Position on the tables at your venue for your guests to enjoy!
You can of course use a different sized polystyrene ball if you wanted smaller or larger pomanders. You can also use to flowers to create a garland instead of a pomander or simply make extra large flowers and hang them from the ceiling in your venue.